Processing: Image Search Errors
In one of my previous posts I mentioned about errors visible on the video screengrab. The first attempt to combine bluetooth, web search and image search resulted in this error concerning the image search code: Basically, (and rather frustratingly) the image no longer exists, though Yahoo is still indexing it in their results - this results in the Processing app throwing out the error when it...
Through my last problem it became clear that I needed more than the one mobile phone I had been previously testing bluetooth on. As I’ve previously mentioned my personal iPhone is relatively useless for testing so I used 2 of my flatmates mobiles in addition to the normal K750i test device: (left to right) Sony Ericsson K750i Sony Ericsson C902 Samsung SGH-U900 I noticed some...
Processing: Bluetooth Device Names
Through previous testing I noticed that the device name of my test phone (see this post) always resulted in ‘Graeme old phone’ in processing, despite me changing the name of the device a couple of times. Initially I put this down to the age of the device and although seemingly reliable was not updating it’s device name correctly. It was moreso highlighted when testing another...
Processing: printing search results as separate...
Previously the processing results from a web search have been ‘printed’ out as one long string, this was satisfactory in testing but to achieve the desired visual (flash prototype to come) changed needed to occur. My next target was to separate each individual results separately so they could be positioned in different (random) places, rather than in a list. When the request is...
I’ve just returned from visiting the transmediale festival in Berlin feeling suitably inspired and amazed. The trip (pics here) was fantastic on all accounts but there was one particular installation that was most relative to my honours project. Chapter I: The Discovery (link) is an installation Félix Luque Sánchez. The major influence it had on me was it’s physical design - a...